How To Apply Bentonite Pond Liner
A guide to effectively handle, receive, and apply our bentonite to seal your pond
Lonestar Minerals offers high quality bentonite to seal ponds. We are specialized in guiding our customers on how to effectively handle, receive, and apply our bentonite pond liner to seal their ponds.
The following video offers our recommendations on making the whole process easier for you.
HOW OUR PROCESS WORKS WHEN YOU PURCHASE FROM LONESTAR MINERALS.
- OUR PACKAGING: (how we package our bentonite when purchased) -3,000 lbs super sacks-1 pallette 2,500 lbs (25 bags, 100lbs each)(*our super sacks are recommended for any project bigger than 5,000 sqft.*)
- SHIPPING AND HANDLING: (How we ship to client’s desired location) – We ship our bentonite in 18 wheeler flatbed trucks-(*dry vans and pneumatic trailers available upon customer request*)
- HOW TO UNLOAD BENTONITE: (You will need certain equipment to successfully unload your bentonite) -Use a skid steer, an excavator, or a frontloader to unload bentonite.(*It is important that whatever machine you decide to use, can easily carry 3,000lbs weight.*)
- HOW TO APPLY BENTONITE TO POND
- Lift super sack from straps, so that the bags don’t tear open.
- Untie the discharge valve from underneath each super sack
- Drive around the pond and evenly spread the bentonite on top of the soil
- Drive around your pond, and slowly create a nice even blanket of bentonite on top of your soil
- Make sure you have added the correct ratio of bentonite to soil per square feet (please consult this number with one of our experts. Your type of soil determines how much bentonite is needed per square feet of your pond.)
- Till/disk in the bentonite with the soil about 4 inches from the ground and then compact it (you can compact with a tractor going back and forth or with a roller. Compacting the bentonite with the soil is very important for the bentonite to stay permanently where you want it. It also prevents the bentonite to wash away with pressure from the water or any erosion you may get.)
- After it’s been compacted, we recommend spraying water and wetting over the bentonite and the soil and coming back to compact it again with your tractor.
- Now, you are ready to fill up your pond. You can either start pumping water from your well or wait for the rain to come.
(If you fill up your pond with your well, make sure you use your hose and place it at the bottom center of your pond.)
- SPRINKLE METHOD – METHOD USED ONLY IF THE POND CANNOT BE DRAINED.
- Begin by sprinkling the bentonite on top of the water, slowly the bentonite will begin to sink to the bottom of the pond and seal the leaks. (Bentonite density is higher than water so it will sink to the bottom)
- Please note that this method can be a bit tricky, especially if you don’t know where the leak is coming from.
- This method will only work if you put the right amount of bentonite in the right place. (We recommend to hire and expert, application, amount, and timing are tricky and could make a hit or miss of this method)
NEED HELP APPLYING BENTONITE POND LINER?
We provide full service to fix leaky ponds and lakes. We’ll supply the necessary equipment, operators, and mineral to seal your pond and offer you a turnkey job. SALES:
(800)608-5112 [email protected] TECHNICAL INFORMATION
(210)378-2008 [email protected] Lone Star GTC, LLC
Texas Wholesaler Supplier for Bentonite Mineral
17595 Blanco Rd. Suite 200, San Antonio, TX 78232Pond Liner Installation Service